1. In Hadis it is called as Safarjal (السفرجل)
2. In Urdu & Hindi it is called as Bahi, Bihi.
3. In English it is called asQuince.
4. In Persain it is called as Shul.
5. In Sanskrit it is called as Amritphala.
6. In Latin it is called as Cydonia oblonga.
Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about it
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
Benefits of Safarjal (Quince) on Qalb, breathe, Chest & Heart
1. Hazrat Talha رضي الله عنه says that he went to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم had Safarjal (السفرجل) in his hand & said Take it, oh! Talha for it soothes the heart. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3494: Book No. 29; In English volume no. 4 Book 29, Hadees no 3369.
2. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Eat Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince) because it heals cardiac problems & removes heaviness from chest : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28258.
3. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “By eating Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince), heaviness in Qalb (heart) reduces . : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28261
4. Hazrat Auif Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “Eat Safarjal (السفرجل) because it prevents Cardiac Problems & strengthens the heart. : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28260.
Best Time to eat Safarjal (Quince)
5. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, to eat Safarjal (السفرجل) early morning on empty stomach . : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28259.
Safarjal (Quince) in Pregnancy
6. Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Masood رضي الله عنه says Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, that “Give your pregnant to eat Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince) & Hazrat Auf Bin Malik رضي الله عنه adds, it prevents Cardiac Problems ( يجم دالفوءا) & makes the baby son beautiful (ويحسن الولد ). : Reference Al-Aasaar: 70 (Abdul Ibn Masood) & Jamia ul Ahadees: 15779 (Auf Bin Malik)
Part used is seeds, fruits.
Content of it
Carbohydrates, sugar, dietary fibers, fats, protein, water, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B2, B6, B12, follic acid, calcium, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, malic acid, pectin & etc.
1. Helpful in tuberculosis, anorexia, constipation, cardiac problems, coughs, cold.
2. Helps in bleeding, diabetes, injury, reduce inflammation.
3. Acts as an antibiotic, anti oxidant, anti septic, diuretic, tonic, alkaline & etc.
4. Can be eaten by all, all season in mild quantity.
Scientific benefits of Safarjal (Quince)
Science & Hadees regarding Quince
Quince is said that to eat Quince on an empty stomach is good for the soul. Cold and dry, Quince is astringent to the stomach, and it checks excessive menstrual flow. A few seeds placed in water will, after a few minutes, form mucilage which is an excellent remedy for cough and sore throat, especially in the young. Quince is also excellent for pregnant woman, gladdening their heart. The holy Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “Eat Quince, for it sweetens the heart. For ALLAH has sent no Prophet as HIS messenger without feeding him on the Quince of Paradise. For Quince increases the strength.
The best way to eat the quince is broiled or cooked in honey. The seeds of Safarjal help against dryness in the throat, the windpipe and several other ailments. Its oil stops sweating and strengthens the stomach. Safarjal jam strengthens the stomach and the liver and relieves the heart and the soul.
تجم الفؤاد means that Quince pleases / strengthens the heart, & opens the coagulation (if available). والطخاء للقلب is meant for darkness, like clouds or a sand storm cover the clear sky which is then un-seen, so Quince will do the same job for the heart, it will remove the blockage & the heart will be clear & healthy Insha’Allah.
1. Quince soothes & strengthens the heart, prevents & heals cardiac problems, removes heaviness in chest, Qabl, Eat it on empty stomach early morning.