in Ramzaan & pick the barkat & be diseases free. Let this Ramzaan be the best Ramzaan of our life. Come join the mission of leaving wrong eating habits & adopt the respected Eating habits & teachings of Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم in Ramzaan so that the whole year will be peaceful for us. Insha Allah. : Reference of all below are in Books of Sunnah.
Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbade two kinds of food; to sit at cloth on which wine is drunk; and to eat by a man while lying on his stomach. : Reference Abu Dawud: 3774; Book no. 28; In English Book no. 27; Hadees no. 3765.
Malik Bin Dinar relates that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم never ever filled his stomach with bread, nor with meat except in the situation of dafaf. Malik Bin Dinar asked a Bedouin man: What is dafaf? He responded: That he would eat with the people. : Reference Shamaa’il Muhammadiyah; Book no. 9; Hadees no. 72; In English; Book no. 9; Hadees no. 68.
Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & His family never ate full stomach (barley bread) for two consecutive days. : Reference Shamaa’il Muhammadiyah; Book no. 25; Hadees no.143; In English; Book no. 24; Hadees no. 135.
Miqdam Bin Madikarib رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Human fills no worse vessel than his stomach, few mouthful morsels are enough to keep the spine straight, if you want to fill it then fill 1/3 with food, 1/3 with water & keep 1/3 for air”. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3474; Book no. 29; In English volume no. 4 Book 29, Hadees no 3349.
It is Sunnah & taught by Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم to fill the 1/3 stomach by eating, 1/3 by water & keep 1/3 for air (means empty) & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ate only when felt hungry & never ate full stomach. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ate simple & inexpensive food. : Reference Shamail e Koebra; volume no. 1; page no. 190 & 200.
Kaa’b Bin Malik رضي الله عنه said that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم used to eat with three fingers and not wipe his before licking it (the fingers). : Reference Abu Dawud: 3848 Book no. 28; In English Book no. 27; Hadees no. 3839.
Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbade standing up before the food had been cleared away. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3419; Book no. 29; In English volume no. 4; Book 29, Hadees no 3294. (means first pick all the remaining eatables & pick the Dastarkhwaan & than get up).
13. We buy eatables, snacks etc from stalls which fail to keep hygiene & we get ill. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said eating in market place is immodesty. : Reference Shamail e Koebra; volume no. 1; page no. 85.
This part of the lesson is very important, let’s perform & spread these teaching so that this Ramzaan becomes the best Ramzaan of our life Aameen.
1. Fruits are mentioned before meat in Quranic verses (chapter Al-Waqia 56: 20, 21. & chapter At-toor 52: 22 in both verses, fruits are mentioned first.
We should eat some fruits of one or two variety only (not much) maximum 3 varieties & 3 to 5 dates & drink a glass of sharbat of jaw sattu, or mix jaw (barley) sattu (2 teaspoon) in milk sharbat or in milk shake or in any other drinks, but do not drink pain water. Do not drink plan water because according to Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم‘s guidance & teachings we should not drink water after eating fruits.
2. Try to break the fast in masjid so that you can give answer of aazan, pray Dua, offer magrib jamat & salah properly, you will not have to run or rush for the jamat which is against the teaching of Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. (But remember the eatables should be fruits & Jaw sattu sharbat only).
This will help us to offer magrib salah peacefully than after magrib do other ibaadats or whatever work you have.
Please note do not eat any eatables till 45 minutes to 1 hour, let the fruits get digested.
Fruits are light to digest & give us instant energy, provide us vital vitamins & minerals which are important for our body, please let the body get the vital nutrition from the fruits.
Than after 45 minutes to 1 hour of breaking the fast with fruits, the fruits will get digested than eat your meal, but the meal should be light like sareed.
I have given below about sareed, talbinah & jaw (barley) sattu.
Dear members please try the new method this Ramzaan & feel the difference, Insha Allah this
Ramzaan will be our best Ramzaan of our life.
After esha & tarahbih salah, drink 1 glass of water every 45 minutes (total 4 glasses of plain water) Remember this time we are in warm climate & Water is essential for the body function.
Try not to eat anything after esha salah because you can eat well in sahri. If you eat after esha salah also, the sahri is very soon the duration between esha & sahri is not much.
The food will not get digested till sahri & this may cause gas, indigestion & many other problems.
And if you do not eat after esha salah than you can eat well in sahri & you will get strength for the whole fasting day.
If you have a strong desire to eat after Esha salah, than eat a light soft diet like custard, pudding or any light homemade thing in little quantity.
Remember Ramzaan is not an eating month. We eat the whole 11 months. If you eat a heavy meal after esha, that will not digest till sahri & you will not able to eat in sahri properly.
In sahri do not eat biscuits, Bakery products, bread etc because they cause gas & get fermented soon in stomach. Eat sareed which I had mentioned in my Lesson no. 28. Jaw (barley) in my Book, or eat talbinah, Talbinah is Sunnah of Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم, this will be best, because it will give you the all nutrition required by the body & you will not feel thirsty. I have given detail about sareed, talbinah & jaw (barley) sattu further.
Do not try to over eat because the amount we eat is not important, but how much we can digest that is important. If the food remains in the stomach for a longer period it gets fermented in the stomach and will cause various problems like indigestion, gas, vomiting, motion, pain in stomach, sour blanching, acidity & etc, and we will get irritated the whole day.
Ramzaan is to kill the nafs, & by eating according to our nafs, do not fulfill the aim of Ramzaan. Please do not feel negative, be positive & expect the truth. Pull yourself together and decide to eat iftaar & sahri according to the teaching of Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم.
Cook thin salan (gravy) soup like, with little spices, little fats (not much). Dip pieces of chapatti in it & eat, by this the food will get in equal condition, it will be light to digest & will keep us free from acidity & other problems; It will keep you free from excessive thirst.
Do not drink milk with meals. Special non vegetarian diet, do not eat meat & egg together, do not eat meat & milk together, and do not eat many varieties in sahri.
Rushing & run for magrib salah, Missing magrib salah, not doing Dua, not giving answer of aazan, eating in haste, waiting for woozoo, Not getting place for magrib salah, joking while iftaar, I and you will be free from much more.
Jaw is very good for health and prevents thirst, Please drink any sharbat or juice containing jaw sattu as you get up for sehri & than pray Tahaj’jud salah & do other ibaadats. Than eat sahri. (Sareed it best for sahri), Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم liked sareed very much amongst all dishes, Lets alive his Sunnah this Ramzaan. (Eat sareed twice a week at least).
Scientific benefits of Islamic fasting. (Roza)
2. Protects the body against many diseases.
3. Improves function of lymphatic cells.
4. Increases in number of T lymphocytes.
5. Increases antibodies in blood.
6. Protects us from obesity.
7. Improves metabolism of the body.
8. Increases physical energy.
9. Reduces chances of kidney stones because by fasting, sodium in blood increases & prevents crystallization of calcium in kidneys.
11. Controls sexual desire.
12. Controls cholesterol, testosterone levels.
13. Prevents thrombosis, diabetes, atherosclerosis, blood pressure, heart diseases, peripheral vascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, acidity & etc
15. No harm to pregnant& nursing ladies
16. Improves digestion & absorption.
17. It gives rest to all systems of the body like digestive system, endocrine system & etc.
20. Reduces fats if the bod.
21. Improves function of endocrine glands.
23. Improves fertility in women & men.
24. Improves ability to learn & memory.
26. Improves muscles function.
27. Improves heart rate.
Method of preparing Talbinah
2. Add the sattu in 1 glass milk & mix vigorously in mixer or manually.
3. Than boil the mixture properly on a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture gets thick & fumes of jaw & milk comes.
4. Than let it cool a little and add 3 to 5 teaspoon of honey in it.
5. Then use it in Luke warm condition & again & again.
6. Give talbinah to ill patient, old, pregnant & etc.
7. Always prepare fresh & serve.
8. Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم many time break the fast with talbinah
How to prepare jaw (barley) sattu
1. Take some jaw (barley) grain with husk.
2. Take a pan put some pure ghee in it & heat the ghee little
3. Then put the jaw (barley) grains in the pan and roast them a little
4. Then keep them for self cooling
5. Then grind them into flour (Also you can roast the flour), and store (This is sattu).
What is sareed & how to prepare it?
1. Take some meat of goat or lamb, cut the meat into small pieces than boil it, as we do while preparing soups.
2. Smash the boiled meat into small fibers (specially of lamb or goat). Add required amount of water & put the smashed meat in it along with the soup obtained while boiling the meat & prepare soup in routine way.
3. When the soup is read put small pieces of jaw (barley) chappati or jaw bread init & cover the vessel with a plate for 5 minutes. Than serve it.