According to Quran
The Quran forbids meat from animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of swine (porcine animals, pigs), flowing blood, neck strangulated, beaten till death, dead due to fall from height, accidental death, death & eaten by a wild animal, animal slaughter un-Islamic ally and animals dedicated to other than Allah (either undedicated or dedicated to idols) which are Haraam & opposed to Halal.
According to Hadees
In Hadees, following meats are not allowed to be eaten: –
1. Animals feeding dirty things, their meat & milk both not allowed eating or drinking.
2. Pet Donkey, pig, cat, frog, dog, crow, wild animals (fox, wolf & etc) meats are not allowed to eat.
3. Animals who die, due to drowning & sea animals, which die in the sea and their body floats.
4. We are not allowed to cut any body part of an animal, while it is still alive & eaten.
5. Animals & bird which hunt with their claws their meat is not allowed.
6. Cow meat in not liked to be eaten.
Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about prohibited eatables & drinks
1. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said Allah Ta’lah has not kept Shifa (cure) is any Haram thing. : Reference Musnad Ahmed: 231.
2. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited eating the animal which feeds on filth and drinking its milk. : Reference Abu Dawud: 3785; Book no. 28; In English Book no. 27; Hadees no. 3776.
3. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه it has been prohibited to ride the beast which eats dung & prohibited to ride a camel which eats dung. : Reference Abu Dawud: 2557 & 2258; Book no. 15; In English Book no. 14; Hadees no. 2551 & 2552.
4. Narrated by Abdullah & Al-Hasan رضي الله عنه the sons of Muhammad Ali رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم disallowed to eat meat of a pet donkey (During Khaibar). : Reference Tirmizi: 1794; Book No. 25; In English volume no.3 Book 23, Hadees no 1794.
5. Hazrat Khalid Ibn Walid رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited to eat meat of horse, donkey, pig (khachcar). : Reference Abu Dawud: 3790; Book no. 28; In English Book no. 27; Hadees no. 3781.
6. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited eating cat meat or money obtained from cat meat. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3373; Book no. 28; In English volume no. 4; Book 28, Hadees no 3250.
7. Hishim Bin Zaid Bin Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbidden tying of the animals (& making them the target of arrow etc) (Hunting for fun). : Reference Muslim: 1956 a; Book no. 34; In English Book no. 21; Hadees no 4812.
8. Hazrat Abdul Rehman Bin Usman رضي الله عنه says that when a physician consulted Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم about putting frogs in medicine, He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbade him to kill them. : Reference Abu Dawud: 3871; Book no. 29; In English Book no. 28; Hadees no 3862.
9. Hazrat Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه says that we are not allowed to cut nor eat, any piece of meat from any animals while it is alive, what is cut from it, is Maitah (dead meat).” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3337; Book no. 28; In English volume no. 4; Book 28, Hadees no 3216. (Eating from dead animals is also not allowed).
10. Narrated Tamim Dari رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said At the end of time there will be people who will cut off camels’ humps and sheep’s tails. But what is cut from a living animal is dead.”(not allowed). : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3338; Book no. 28; In English volume no. 4; Book 28, Hadees no 3217.
11. According to a reference by Hazrat Khazimah Bin Juza’a رضي الله عنه we are not allowed to eat wild animals like fox, badger. : Reference Tirmizi: 1792, Book No. 25, In English volume no.3, Hadees No. 1792. (Also other wild animals are not allowed to eat).
12. Narrated by Abu Hurairah & Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said eating of all fanged beasts of prey is unlawful & prohibited and all the birds having talons (claw of a bird to prey). : Reference Muslim 1933 & 1934; Book no. 34; In English; Book no. 21; Hadees no. 4751 & 4752.
13. Narrated that Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه said “Who eats crows? Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم called them vermin (Fasiq), By Allah; they are not from among the good and permissible things.” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3371; Book no. 28; In English volume no. 4; Book 28, Hadees no 3248.
14. Narrated A’isha رضي الله عنها that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said: “There are five animals all of which are vermin (Fasiq), and may be killed outside and inside the sanctuary: Vicious dogs, crows, kites, scorpions and mice.'” : Reference An-Nasa’i: 2887; Book no. 24; In English volume no. 3; Book no. 24, Hadees no 2890. (Fasiq means who violates Islamic Laws or is unreliable).
15. Narrated Abdur Rehman Ibn Shibl رضي الله عنه Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbade to eat the flesh of lizard. : Reference Abu Dawud: 3796; Book no. 28; In English Book no. 27; Hadees no. 3787.
16. Narrated Adi Bin Hatim رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم answered his question by prohibiting eating anything from which dog has fed. (It is long Hadees about hunting dogs). : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3329; Book no. 28; In English volume no. 4; Book 28, Hadees no 3208.
About Alcohol & Narcotics (خمر)
17. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Every Narcotics & Alcoholic things are Haraam (حرام) & those things whose base is narcotic or Alcohol, its one pinch is also Haraam (حرام)”. : Reference Abu Dawud: 3687; Book no. 27; In English Book no. 26; Hadees no. 3679.
18. Hazrat Tariq Bin Saud Al-Hazrmi رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “If anyone uses Alcohol as a medicine for disease, Allah will not give Barkat in Shifa” (to him). : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 56
19. Narrated Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said All Narcotics, Alcohol (Every intoxicant) are Khamar (خمر) & all Khamar are Haraam (حرام). : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3515; Book no. 30; In English volume no. 4 Book 30, Hadees no 3390.
20. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم guided us that all types of khamr (every intoxicant) is disease & there is no Shifa in them, whoever drinks Khamr in this world will not get them in Aakherat (here after), salah is not accepted for 40 days, Allah will not accept his repents (tou-bah), He will be given pus river (Al-Khaba) (in here after), all khamr are Haraam. : Reference Tirmizi: 2182, 1861, 1862 & 1863; Book No. 26 & 28; In English volume no. 3 & 4 Book 2, Hadees no 2046, 1861, 1862 & 1863.
21. Many times Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that night & days will not cease till ummat will drink wine under some other names that they will give it. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3509 & 3510; Book no. 30; In English volume no. 4 Book 30, Hadees no 3384 & 3385.
Eating & drinking with left hand prohibited
22. Narrated by Abdullah Bin Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Let none of you eat or drink with left hand, for indeed Ash-shaitaan eats & drinks with his left hand. : Reference Tirmizi: 1799; Book No. 25, Hadees No. 13; In English volume no.3 Book 23, Hadees no 1799.
23. Narrated by Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited making Nabiz from Basr (البسر) (unripen dates) & Tamar dates together. : Reference Tirmizi: 1876; Book No. 26; In English volume no. 3, Book 24, Hadees no 1876. (Nabiz is prepared by soaking dates in water & drinking the water means we should not dip two different types of dates in water not drink that water).
24. Narrated by Abu Saeed رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited mixing of unripen dates & dates together, & mixing of raisins & dates for making Nabiz & prohibited the jars that Nabiz is made in. : Reference Tirmizi: 1877; Book No. 26, Hadees No. 17; In English volume no. 3 Book 24, Hadees no 1877.
25. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم prohibited to prepare Nabiz if the following: earthen pots, dubba (pumpkin), trunk of palm dates tree, coated pitch, green pot & said I forbid you to use the above, but they do not make anything lawful nor unlawful, but ever intoxicant is unlawful. : Reference Tirmizi: 1867, 1868, 1869; Book No. 26; In English volume no. 3, Book 24, Hadees no 1867, 1868, and 1869. (Means Nabiz gets toxic or alcoholic by the above means).
Scholars especially Hanafi scholars prohibit the following 7 part to eat, first is blood which is prohibited in Quran (Surah al-An’am, V: 146) the seven things are as follows: –
1. Flowing Blood, 2. Penis, 3. Testicles, 4. Vulva (external parts of the female genitalia), 5. Glands, 6. Urinary bladder, 7. Gall-bladder. : Reference Bada’i al-Sana’i 5/61.
Science & Hadees regarding prohibited meat
Swine meat prohibited
Pigs have no neck that makes it impossible to be slaughtered in the Islamic way (The Halaal way) and thus getting rid of the blood, which contains an abundance of uric acid, a toxic chemical substance that can be injurious to human health.
Disease caused by eating pork
Eating the meat of pig can cause over seventy different types of latent diseases as their body contains many toxins and deadly parasitic worms like tapeworm, roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. If you eat pork you are likely to inject many of these worms or their eggs into your body! Most dangerous among them is the Tapeworm. These worms can enter the human body through the mouth, anus, nose, or skin, with most species attaching themselves to the intestinal tract. This is why you have to stay away from pig. Once inside the body, these worms lay eggs and raise a family! The baby worms along with their parents stroll inside your body and can reach any organ easily. If they enter the brain it can cause memory loss. If they enter the heart it can cause heart attack, if they enter the eyes, it can cause blindness, and if they enter the liver, it can cause liver damage. Simply put, it can damage almost all the organs of the body. One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms (roundworms), which are found in pork. These worms are found in the flesh of pig and the diseases caused by eating pork are incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage.
Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. America is home to the most obese people in the world!. Those who consume pork are more prone to obesity because of the high fat content in pork. In this group, blood cholesterol level is frequently higher than normal; pork-eaters are more susceptible to arteriosclerosis, which may result in cardiovascular diseases, malfunction of the brain blood-circulation, vascular pathology of the lower limbs, etc.
Influenza or flu is one of the most lethal illnesses that pigs share with humans. This illness is harboured in the lungs of pigs during summer and tends to effect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Eating pork also leads to gallstones & noxious diseases. The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faces (shit or poop) or excreta and dirt. Often trash is collected and fed to pigs.
Pigs will scavenge and eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, tree bark, rotting carcasses, garbage, small animals and even other pigs. Surprisingly, pigs eat their own babies! They eat anything and everything.
Even if pigs are bred in clean and hygienic conditions they are kept together in farms or barns and they simply cannot resist eating filthy substances or shit from other pigs and of their own. They are just filthy by nature.
Another interesting fact is that the pig excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content; the remaining 98% remains an integral part of the body.
Blood prohibited: –
The reason why the blood that is “poured forth” is forbidden to us is because of the information that has become well known and well established nowadays among the doctors and those who carry out medical tests and study microscopic creatures, which is that blood is considered to be the optimum environment for the growth of germs. So if a person drinks blood it is as if he has drunk a “farm” for growing germs, in which the germs can multiply and grow, producing lethal poisons which, as is well known, have extremely harmful effects which result in germs invading the human body resulting in the person contracting contagious and lethal diseases. By cooking or boiling at any degree spores & capsule secreting organism do not get killed & there is no question that blood can be cook or boiled & eaten.
Donkey & dog meat prohibited
Dog’s saliva is a very dangerous substance and that it is the main route for humans to become infected with many diseases such as rabies. In this way, there are varying degrees of filth in creatures and substances with some more infectious than others. We have an obligation to look after our health and to keep away from that which endangers it.
Donkey meat is prohibited for two possible reasons both of which are dependent on circumstances. The first is people needed the donkeys for transportation and in such circumstances they were instructed to not eat the donkeys. This is clearly just a pragmatic temporary ban. The second refers to not eating animals that have been living in effect as part of the family. This means that when we have a domesticated animal living among us, then it would be a violation of our implied agreement with that animal to kill it and eat it.
Conclusion of Hadees
1. Please avoid all prohibited eatables & drinks, do not eat prohibited meats, and also avoid riding on dirty animals.