Quranic references of musk (المسك)
Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about of Musk
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab Al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also. You can visit my website at www.tib-e-nabi-for-you.com or blog at www.drshakeel-tibenabi.com
Musk the best
1. Hazrat Abu Saeed Al-Khudri رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, the best good smelling (الطيب) fragrance is (of) Musk (المسك) (Kasturi). : Reference An-Nasa’i: 1905; Book no. 21; In English volume no. 3; Book 21, Hadees no 1906.
2. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that she applied perfume which had Musk (المسك) in it, to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم before Ihram & on the Qurbani day & before doing tawaf of Kabah. : Reference Tirmizi: 917; Book no. 9; In English volume no. 2; Book no. 4; Hadees no. 917.
3. Hazrat Abu Saeed Al-Khudri رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم spoke about a woman of Bani-Israel (اسرائیل بنى) who had filled Musk (المسك) in her ring because Musk is the best Itar (الطيب). : Reference Muslim 2252 B; Book no. 40; In English; Book no. 27; Hadees no. 5599.
4. In other Hadees it is mentioned that when she use to press her ring, in company of people, the fumes of Musk (المسك) use to spread all over. : Reference Musnad Ahmed: 11364.
About Asmad Marooh
5. Narrated Ma’bad Bin Hudhah رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم commanded to apply collyrium mixed with musk at the time of sleep. : Reference Abu Dawud: 2377; Book no. 14; In English Book no. 13; Hadees no. 2371.
6. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that we asked Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلمabout Kausar (الكوثر) & (the respected) Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم replied that “It is a river, which Allah (Ta’lah) will give me in Jannah (جنة), its river sand will have Musk (المسك ترابه) in it. Its water is brighter than milk (اللبن) & sweeter than honey (العسل), over it such birds will fly whose neck will resemble neck of camel, On this, Hazrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه said that this is a great boon from Allah Ta’lah, & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said those who will eat them, will be more precious & fortunate ones. : Reference Musnad Ahmed: 13306.
Groups entering Jannah
7. Narrated Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, the first group to enter the Jannah (جنة) will look like the full moon, And those who will come after them will look like a most brilliant planet in the sky, they will not urinate nor defecate, nor spit, nor will blow their noses, their comb will be of gold, their sweat will be Musk (المسك), their incense burner will be of aloes wood and their wives will be Hoors & their built will be as Father Adam (a.s) sixty cubits tall. : Reference Bukhari: 3327; Book no. 60; In English volume no. 4; Book no. 55; Hadees no. 544.
Friday market in Jannah
8. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلمsaid that for the people of Jannah (جنة) (Paradise) there will be a market on every Friday, in this market there will be structures built with musk (المسك) & than north wind will blow & this wind will blow on their faces, garments & homes (by this) their beauty will increase, then they will return to their families, the family members will say “By Allah your beauty have increased & the person will also say, the same to their family members. : Reference Riyad As-Salihin: 1889; Book No. 20, In English; Book 20, Hadees no 21 & Musnad Ahmed: 14035.
Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s saliva better than musk
9. Narrated by Abdul Jabbar Bin Wa’il رضي الله عنه that his father said: “A bucket was brought to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم; He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم rinsed His mouth and spat into it, and it was like musk or better than musk, and He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم rinsed His nostrils outside the bucket.” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 704; Book no. 1; In English volume no. 1; Book no. 1, Hadees no 659.
Blood smell from a wound, which was in Allah’s cause
10. Narrated Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “A wound which a Muslim receives in Allah’s cause will appear on the Day of Resurrection as it was at the time of infliction; blood will be flowing from the wound and its color will be that of the blood but will smell like musk.” : Reference Bukhari: 237; Book no. 4; In English volume no. 1; Book no. 4; Hadees no. 238.
Use of musk after menstrual bath
11. Narrated Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها that an Ansari woman asked Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم how to take a bath after finishing from the menses. He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم replied, “Take a piece a cloth perfumed with musk and clean the private parts with it thrice.” Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم felt shy and turned his face. So I pulled her to me and told her what Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم meant. : Reference Bukhari: 315; Book no. 6; In English volume no. 1; Book no. 6; Hadees no. 312
Content of it
Vitamin A, Omega-6, Linoleic & alpha linoleic acids, dilating properties, anti- histamine properties & etc.
Scientific benefits of Musk
1. Best for skin disorders like acne, psoriasis, eczema, leucoderma, infections, cystic formations and itches (its oil should be used). It contains Vitamin A, also known as ‘Retinol’ it be applied on the blotches where cell regeneration takes place and treats acne.
2. It Prevent dehydration of skin because it contains essential fatty acids like Omega-6. It contains ‘Linoleic and Alpha Linoleic’ acids that contain such fibers which increase elasticity of the tissues.
3. It contains antioxidants which prevents ageing, fine lines and wrinkles, It has a meditative effects thus reduces anxiety and emotions. Its oil can be used to treat Burns.
4. Induces pleasant dreams and increasing inner strength, Increases libido, body strength, immunity etc, helpful for liver, digestion, cold & cough. It also reduces pain, soothes the nerves, and reduces inflammation.
Science & Hadees regarding Musk
Dr. Aaminah Ali Naasir Siddeeq, professor of microbiology in the College of Science in Jeddah has discovered that musk is a natural antibiotic for treating skin diseases and genital diseases in humans and animals. This discovery was patented in the King ‘Abd al-‘Azeez City for Science and Technology in Riyadh. The researcher also presented to the Eighth International Conference on scientific miracles in the Qur’an and Sunnah, held in Kuwait in 1427 AH a paper entitled: Aspects of the scientific miracles of using musk as an antibiotic against funguses and yeasts that cause disease in humans, animals and plants. She explained that disease-causing bacteria increase in number during the menstrual period and that musk has a strong effect in killing off these harmful microbes. It is clear that the reason for the menstruating woman using musk is to perfume the site, to ward off unpleasant odours, and to kill off disease-causing funguses and yeasts.
Musk strengthens the internal organs, helps old people during cold temperatures and climates, smelling musk helps people who suffer fainting attacks, helps to abate irregular heart accelerations and is also an aphrodisiac; it also accelerates healing of snake bites and removes the effects of poison.
Conclusion of Hadees
1. Musk is the best (natural) perfume, Nabi liked it & applied it; surma which contained musk in it was applied by Nabi; Musk is present in Jannah also.