1. In Hadees they are called as Adas (عدس).
2. In Hindi & Urdu they are called as Masoor Dal.
3. In English they are called as Lentils.
4. In Latin they are called as Lens culinaris.
Lentils in English refer to 6 or more types of Dals, combination of Masoor Dal, Mung Dal & Urad Dal.
According to scholars Adas in Hadees refers to Masoor Dal.
Types of Masoor Dal
There are mainly 3 types of Masoor Dal, with variation of colour in different countries.
1. Brown Masoor Dal, it is called as Masoor Dal whole, & in Hindi Akhkha Masoor.
2. Orange Masoor Dal, it is called as Split Masoor Dal, means it does not have the outer husk. Its orange colour differs from places to places.
3. Yellow Masoor Dal, It also differs in yellow colour from places to places.
1. with husk.
2. Without husk (with husk is better for health).
Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about Adas (عدس)
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab Al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
2. Best in diabetes.
4. Best in all season, all age.