2. In English it is called as Honey.
3. In Urdu it is called as Shahad.
4. In Hindi it is called as Madh.
5. In Sanskrit it is called as Madhu.
6. Honey bee in Quran is called as NAHL and a whole chapter (sura) is named on honey bee, the chapter no. 16 Al Nahl. (The honey bee).
Quranic references of honey (عسل)
2. Chapter no. 47. Muhammad verse no. 15.
3. Chapter no.66. Tah’reen verse no.1.
This is a sign of Almighty so people should admire & pick benefits. This is according to Allah Ta’lah’s creation & laws of nature.
In chapter no. 66 Tah’reem verse no 1. Allah Ta’lah said to Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم that do not discard the use of honey or else, which Allah Ta’lah has Permitted to eat (Halal) for human.
Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about Honey (عسل)
1. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم liked Halwa (الحلوى) (a sweet dish) & Honey (عسل) very much. : Reference Bukhari: 5431; Book no. 70; In English volume no. 7; Book no. 65; Hadees no. 342.
2. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم liked Halwa (الحلوى) (sweet dish) & Honey (عسل) very much & amongst drinking things (sharbats), liked Honey water very much & used Honey (عسل) daily whole life & was every time healthy. : Reference Musnad Ahmed: 24316.
3. Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم denied killing 4 living beings 1. Ants النملته), 2). Honey bees النخلة), 3). Hudhud الهدهد) & 4) . Mamola birds (الصُّرَدُ). : Reference Abu Dawud: 5267; Book no. 43; In English Book no. 42; Hadees no. 5247. Means prohibited killing four creatures: ants, bees, hoopoes, and sparrow-hawks.
4. Hazrat Abu Saeed Al- Khudri رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم guided & insisted to a person, 4 times to use Honey (عسل) for his brother’s illness, his brother was suffering from Diarrhea (loose Motions), each time he came back with a complaint that motions are increasing (of his brother) & each time Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم advised to give Honey (عسل) to his brother & on the fourth time Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلمsaid Allah (Ta’lah) is the truth & your brother’s stomach is lair & again Honey (عسل) was given to him & the patient got well. : Reference Bukhari: 5684; Book no. 76; In English volume no. 7; Book no. 71; Hadees no 588.
5. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that any person who licks Honey (عسل) (Asal) in morning at least for 3 (ثلاث) days every month will not suffer from any Balah (البلاء) (illness) in that month (in which honey is taken). : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3576; Book no. 31; In English volume no. 4 Book 31, Hadees no 3450.
6. Hazrat Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that “For you, to get Shifa (الشفاء) (cure) there are two things: HONEY (عسل) & QURAN” (القرآن). : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3578; Book no. 31; In English volume no. 4 Book 31, Hadees no 3452.
7. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that “Among your Medicines, which have khair (خير) (cures) is Hijamah (مجم) (Wet Cupping) (blood- letting) & a drink of Honey” (شربه عسل) & cauterization, & said it (cauterization) is disliked by Me. : Reference Bukhari: 5683; Book no. 76; In English volume no. 7; Book no. 71; Hadees no. 587. Wet Cupping (blood letting) is Hijamah, a therapy in which blood is removed by vacuum method & it is Sunnah. (Refer Lesson no. 44 Hijamah).
8. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that “Amongst the treatment you do, the best is to put medicine (دواء) in nose (السعوط), to put medicine (دواء) in one side of mouth (اللدود), Hijamah (الحخامة) (Cupping) & Walking (laxatives) (المشى). : Reference Tirmizi: 2184; Book No. 28, In English volume no.4; Book 2, Hadees no 2047. Walking here is considered as movement of intestines by Imam Qayyim (r) and senna increases the movement of intestines. (Movement of intestines is called as Peristalsis movement is medical terms).
9. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that “There is an important part of kidney (called as) khasaura (الخاصرة), when this part gets swelled up, the person gets great pain & problems, treat this with excessively boiled water (الماء المحرق) (muharraq) & Honey (عسل)”. : Reference Mustadrak Al Hakim: 8237; Al-Tibb.
10. Narrated by Abdullah Bin Yazad Al-khatmi that Umar Bin Al-Khattab رضي الله عنه wrote to him (saying) cook (boil) your drinks until the share of shaitaan is gone, for he has two share & you have one (means boil till 1/3 is left over & 2/3 is evaporated). : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5717; Book no. 51; In English volume no. 6 Book 51, Hadees no 5720.
11. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that “With your Halal (حلال) (pure) earnings, buy Honey (عسل) & use it (Honey) with Rain water, this will help in Shifa (شفاء) for all diseases” : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28176.
12. Once Hazrat Khasram Bin Hissaan Bin Ameer Bin Malik رضي الله عنه fell ill & he went to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم for Blessings & Medicine, Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم gave him Honey (عسل). : Reference Musannaf Ibn-Abi Shaiba: 33159.
13. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Honey was gifted to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم asked everyone to lick little Honey, as everybody got it, Hazrat Jabir رضي الله عنه asked for more, & he was allowed by (the respected) Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم to take more. : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3577; Book no. 31; In English volume no. 4 Book 31, Hadees no 3451.
14. Hazrat Masrooq رضي الله عنه say that he found Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها feeding Hazrat Ibn Umm Maktoom رضي الله عن (a blind) with Atraj (اترج) (oranges) dipped in Honey (عسل). (Hazrat Ibn Umm Maktoom رضي الله عنه was a blind sahabhi for whom chapter (sura) AABASA was send by Allah Ta’lah. : Reference Mojam Ausaf: 9404.
15. Once Hazrat Saad Bin Abi Waqqas رضي الله عنه fell ill in Makkah, Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم visited him, and asked to call a doctor, Al Haris Bin Kuladah was called, he came and examined Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه , and said he is not serious, and advised to take Tamar (تمر) (dates) (khajur), barley (jaw) & boiled Methi (fenu greek) (الحلبة) water & prepare daliya (soup like gravy) than put Honey (العسل) in it & give to Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه at early morning, garma-garam (warm), And Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه got well; Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم liked the preparation advised by Al Haris Bin Kuladah. : Reference Ati-Tibbe Nabawi Harful Haa; volume no. 1; page no. 230.
16. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that in my knowledge Rutab (الرطب) (dates) (fresh ripen dates) are best remedy for excessive menstrual flow & Honey (العسل) is best for patients (المريض). : Reference Abu Nu-aim 459.
17. Hakim Bin Mu’awiyah رضي الله عنه narrated from his father, that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “Indeed in Paradise there is a sea of water, and a sea of honey, and a sea of milk, and a sea of wine, then the rivers shall split off afterwards.” : Reference Tirmizi: 2771; Book No. 38, In English volume no.4; Book 12, Hadees no 2571.
18. Abdullah Bin Umar رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Al-Kausar is a river in Paradise, whose banks are of gold, and it flows over pearls and corundum. Its sand is purer than musk, and its water is sweeter than honey and whiter than milk.” : Reference Tirmizi: 3686; Book No. 47, In English volume no. 5; Book no. 47, Hadees no 3361.
19. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم used (شربه عسل) Honey Sharbat & (الحبة السوداء) (Kalonji) Black Seeds together. : Reference Abu Nu-aim 459.
Scientific benefits of honey
2. It reduces secretion of hydrochloric acid, and thus reduces acidity; it has natural enzymes thus helps digestion & digestive disorder & can be used in all types of ulcers, wounds, and lesions, best for urinary tract infections.
3. It is best for colitis, klebsiella germs, effective in burns when applied on burn lesions and when orally used. It is helpful in diarrhea, duodenal ulcers, acidity, gastric bleeding, vomiting, and nausea, pain in stomach, liver diseases, and skin diseases.
4. It increases Hemoglobin thus cures anemia, relaxes the smooth muscles (Intestinal muscles),
5. Helps in reducing the continuous use of cortisone as eye application in eye diseases, effective in eye diseases like corneal ulcers, dendrifrom ulcers of cornea, scotoma in cornea and conjunctivitis. It reduces dryness of eye. It also helps in herpes opthalmus (viral infection of eyes) & very effective in chronic eye diseases.
6. Also effective for measles, fever, congestion in brain, brain tumors, angina, rickets, bedwetting, calms the nerves, relaxes the urinary bladder, cold & cough, flu diseases, throat infections, chronic liver diseases, insomnia (improper sleeps).
7. It reduces addiction of alcohol. Also increases complexion, treats roughness of skin, cracks of lips, infection of lips, spots on skin, gum infection & reduces skeletal muscles spasm (reduces pain in muscles).
Uses of honey for general health
Uses for diseases
Uses of honey for complexion
Uses of honey on skin lesions
Indications: – 1. All age, 2. All season, 3. It can be used in all diseases.
Types & qualities of honey
Science & Hadees regarding honey
Conclusion of Hadees