Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ‘s guidance about kasni (الهند باء) (Hindba)
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab Al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
Hindba (Kasni) & Jannah water drops
1. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “For you Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni) is present, because no part of day passes without showering the drops of Jannah (الجنة) water on it. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: volume no. 3; page no 435.
2. It is mentioned in Abu Nu-aim that Eat Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni) without shaking it because no part of the day is passed without showering the Jannah (الجنة) water drops on it. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 3659.
Mohammed Bin Abu Bakr Al Qayyim quoted 3 Hadees in relation to Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni).
3. Eat Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni) & do not shake its leaves because no day is passed without showering on it the water drops of Jannah (الجنة). : Reference At-tibbe-Nabawi; volume no.1; page no. 314.
4. One who eats Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni) & goes to sleep, poison & evil spirit (سحر) (Jadoo etc) will not affect him. : Reference Abu Nu-aim; volume no. 2; page no. 5.
5. None of the leaves of Hindba (باء الهند) (Kasni) is there which is not showered by Jannah (الجنة) Water drops. : Reference At-tibbe-Nabawi; volume no.1; page no. 314.
Content of it
Its oil content
2. It relieves pain & inflammation
3. Its water extract can be dropped in eyes for cataract
4. Normalizes fever.
5. Reliefs urinary problems, improves digestion.
6. Removes obstruction of liver, gall bladder & helps in Jaundice.
7. Best if used with dates or Olive oil or Tukham e Kasoos or saunf.
8. Removes constipation, relieves mouth bleeding, kidney inflammation, kidney stones,
9. Best in all types of cough, diarrhea, dysentery.
10. Gargle can be done with Kasni water in sore throat, mouth ulcers & etc.
11. Best in fever & cold.
In Hadees it is mentioned that its plant is showered with Jannah water: – This needs a research on it.
Digestive Systemi. Cichorium intybus leaf extract holds hepatoprotective activity against acetaminophen induced liver damage3.ii. The red part of the leaf of Treviso red chicory with a high content of antioxidant anthocyanins could be interesting for development of new food supplements to improve intestinal health. 4
i. Natural chicoric acid extract (NCRAE) presents an anti hyperglycemic effect essentially due to a peripheral effect on muscle glucose uptake.5
ii. Chicory appeared to have short-term (about 2 hours, as far as GTT is concerned) and long-term (28 days, in this study) effects on diabetes. Chicory may be useful as a natural dietary supplement for slowing down the pace of diabetes progress, and delaying the development of its complications. 6
iii. The activities possessed by C. intybus are highly desirable for the treatment of NIDDM because it reduces blood glucose levels without inducing adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. 7
i. The water extract of Cichorium intybus has been observed to exhibit a remarkable anti oxidative effect on LDL, and inhibitory effects on the production of thiobarbituric acid reactive substance and the Degradation of fatty acids in LDL. 8
i. Exhibits antibacterial and antifungal activities.
Conclusion of Hadees
1. Jannah water is showered over its plant daily, so use it without shaking (when used fresh). It prevents evil spirits, poisoning & etc.