2. In Sanskrit it is called as Guggulu.
3. In Latin it is called as Commiphora Mukul or Commiphora wightii.
4. In Hindi it is called as Guggul
5. In English it is called as Indian Bdellium tree.
Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about it
1. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that they were in Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s company, one person came & complaint about his weak memory (النسيان) to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم replied “Take Kandar (الكندر) (Guggul), soak it in water, overnight & drink this water at morning empty stomach because it is best for Nisyaan (النسيان) (lack of memory). : Reference At-Tibbe Nabawi (Al-Jawzi) volume 1; page no. 294.
2. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم drank Kandar (الكندر) (Guggul) water mixed with sugar (السكر) at morning empty stomach & said that it removes urinary problems & it is best for Nisyaan (النسيان) (weak or lack of memory). : Reference At-Tibbe Nabawi (Al-Jawzi) volume 1; page no. 294.
Content of it
Lowers lipid, cholesterol, triglycerides, Improves Insulin & helps in controlling diabetes, Helps in arthritis, sciatica, gouts, and inflammatory diseases. Reduces hardening of arteries, (atherosclerosis), acne, & skin problems, Reduces weight, tumors, ulcers, sores, Tones the heart & is also helpful in urinary problems, worms, seizures etc.
Science & Hadees regarding Guggulu
Guggulu has anti bacterial activity so helpful in urinary problems & it is mostly lipid soluble & helpful in weak memory.
Modern medical investigations have shown that the gum-oleoresin & guggulu are beneficial in cases of rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and ulcerative colitis with no side effects as & are drugs of choice. They improve blood supply to the joints and restore integrity of vessels weakened by spasm. According to a review of unpublished studies, preliminary double-blind trials have found loban & guggulu effective in relieving the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Two placebo controlled studies, involving a total of 81 individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, reported significant reductions in swelling and pain over the course of 3 months.
In one study conducted at the Government Medical College in Jammu, India, nearly 60 percent of arthritic patients tested experienced good to excellent results against stiffness and pain. Over three-quarters of the patients in the study were either bedridden or incapacitated from doing normal work. Within two to four weeks after starting on Guggulu extract, they reported a lessening of morning joint stiffness, pain, and improved grip strength.
In another study of 26 patients suffering from arthritic knees, dramatic improvement was experienced within four weeks. A German review published in 2002 documents the effectiveness of boswellic acids (key active ingredient) in treating arthritis, chronic ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, bronchial asthma and reactive swelling around a brain tumour, as shown by clinical trials.
Experimental and clinical usage of loban & guggulu indicates that they have no of side effects on blood pressure, heart rate, gastric irritation and ulcers associated with many anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic drugs. It is now an approved herbal medicine in India for use against osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, soft tissue rheumatism, low back pain, myositis and fibrositis.
Animal studies have suggested that both lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. In other controlled human studies, it was shown to decrease the duration of bronchial asthma, possibly by blocking formation of the chemicals that cause the blood vessels to contract. Also has shown to be effective in epilepsy.
One rat study showed the Guggulsterone Z, at a dose of 10mg/kg bodyweight, increased iodine uptake and metabolic activity of the thyroid gland. The mechanisms of action of guggulsterone Z in this regard is unlike Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone and is not a pituitary mediated. It was shown (again, at 10mg/kg bodyweight) to increase serum T3 and T4 levels. (It should be noted that this dose is much higher than what is customarily used in herbal supplements).
Conclusion of Hadees
1. Use Guggul in urinary problems & weak memory, soak in little water overnight & drink the water in morning empty stomach.