2. In Hadis it is called as Zabib (الزبيب)
3. In Hindi, Urdu, Persian it is called as Angoor & dried one is called as Munakka, Kishmish.
4. In Sanskrit it is called as Draksha.
5. In Latin it is called as Vitis vinifera Linn.
6. Family is Vitaceace.
Quranic references about Grapes
1. Chapter 2, Sura Baqara, verse no. 266
2. Chapter 6, Sura An-nam, verse no. 100.
3. Chapter 13, Sura Raad, verse no. 4.
4. Chapter 16, Sura Nahl, verse no. 11
5. Chapter 16, Sura Nahl verse no. 67.
6. Chapter 17, Sura Bani-Israel, verse no. 91.
7. Chapter 18, Sura Kahf, verse no. 32.
8. Chapter 23, Sura Mu’minun, verse no. 19.
9. Chapter 36, Sura Yaaseen, verse no. 34.
10. Chapter 78, Sura Nabaa, verse no. 31-32.
11.Chapter 80, Sura Abasa, verse no. 28.
Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم’s guidance about Zabib (dried Grapes)
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab Al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
Benefits of Dried Grapes
1. Hazrat Tamim Aldari رضي الله عنه once gifted some Raisins (dried grapes) (الزبيب) (Munakka) to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم took them in his hands & said, eat this, it is a healthy meal, removes tiredness, cools the anger, gives strength, makes food sweet smelling, reduces phlegm (البلغم), brightens the face. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 371.
2. Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that for your beneficial there are Raisins (dried grapes) (الزبيب) (munnaka), this improves the complexion, reduces phlegm (البلغم), strengthens the organs, removes tiredness, improves mood, increases good smell in breath & removes sorrow (grief). : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 319.
Dried Grapes in Inferior Complex
3. Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه says that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that those who take 21 (عشرين) Raisins (dried grapes) (الزبيب) (Munakka) daily, will be free from all diseases which give rise to inferior complex. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 813.
Dried Grapes Sharbat (Nabiz)
4. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم use to soak dates (تمر) or Raisins (Munakka) (الزبيب) in water & use to drink the sharbat.. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5568: Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6 Book 51, Hadees no 5571. They are called as Nabiz in Hadees. (But did not soak together nor used both together).
5. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه said “Nabiz would be made for Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم and He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم would drink it on the same day, or the next day, or the third day, and if there was any left he would throw it away or give orders that it was to be thrown away.” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3525: Book No. 30; In English volume no. 4 Book 30, Hadees no 3399.
6. Ruqaiyah Bint Amr Bin Saad رضي الله عنها said “I was under the care of Ibn Umar, and raisins would be soaked for him and he would drink them in the morning, then the raisins would be left to dry, and other raisins would be added to them, and water would be poured on top of them, and he would drink that in the morning. Then the day after, he would throw them away.” : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5702 : Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6 Book 51, Hadees no 5705.
(Grapes sharbat means, Raisins (dried grapes) were soaked in water for Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم & Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم use to drink this water, it is called as Nabiz).
7. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that “We used to make Nabiz for Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم in a water skin. (Water bag) We would take a handful of dates or a handful of raisins, and put them in it, then pour water over it. We would make that in the morning and He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم would drink it in the evening, or we would make it in the evening and He صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم would drink it in the morning.” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3524: Book No. 30; In English volume no. 4 Book 30, Hadees no 3398.
Dates & dried Grapes are prohibited to soak together to prepare Nabiz
8. Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم guided that never soak Balah (Raw dates) & Tamar (dried dates) together & dried dates (تمر) & Raisins (dried grapes) (الزبيب) together. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5547: Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6, Book 51, Hadees no 5549. (for making Nabiz).)
9. Hazrat Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه reported that he was forbidden to prepare Nabiz by mixing unripe dates and fresh dates, and dates with grapes. : Reference Muslim: 1991A; Book No. 36; In English; Book 23, Hadees no 4911.
10. Narrated by Jabir رضي الله عنه that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said “Do not mix raisins and dried dates, nor Busr (fresh unripen dates) and Tamar (dried dates)”. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5555; Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6 Book 51, Hadees no 5557.
11. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه reported that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم forbade the mixing of dates and grapes together, and mixing of unripe dates and ripe dates together (for preparing Nabiz), and he wrote to the people of Jurash (in Yemen) forbidding them to prepare the mixture of dates and grapes. : Reference Muslim: 1990A; Book No. 36; In English; Book 23, Hadees no 4910.
About At-tila (thick grapes juice)
12. Narrated by Saeed Bin Al-Musayyab رضي الله عنه that “When At-tila’ (thickened grape juice) has been cooked and reduced to one-third, then there is nothing wrong with it”. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5723; Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6; Book 51, Hadees no 5726.
13. Abu Raja’ said: “I asked Al-Hasan about At-tila’ (thickened grape juice) that has been reduced to half. He said: ‘Do not drink it”. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5724; Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6; Book 51, Hadees no 5727.
Grapes wine Prohibited
14. Hazrat Tariq Bin Suwayd Hijri رضي الله عنه says that he asked to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم that in our land there are grapes which we squeeze (to make wine). Can we drink from it?’ Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم answered ‘No.’ I repeated the question and said: ‘We treat the sick with it.’ He said: ‘That is no cure, it is a disease.” : Reference Ibn Ma-jah: 3629: Book No. 31; In English volume no. 4 Book 31, Hadees no 3500.
15. Hazrat Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه said “Khamr is made from five things: From dates, wheat, barley, honey and grapes”. : Reference An-Nasa’i: 5580; Book No. 51; In English volume no. 6; Book 51, Hadees no 5583. (We are not allowed to drink khamr (Alcohol).
Skin & Inner Pulp of dried Grapes
16. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said that, eat Raisins (dried grapes) (الزبيب) (munnaka), but remove its seeds because there an aliment (in it) & there is cure in inner pulp. : Reference Zahbi & Healing with the medicine of the Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم page no. 278.
How to use grapes, eat it as follows
1. Eat raw ripen fruit (means fresh condition).
2. Eat Raisins (dried grapes) of small size or big size.
3. Eat raw either fresh fruit or dried (But not together).
4. Best is soaked in water and drink the water (Sharbat).
5. Please wash all types of grapes before use.
6. Open the dried grapes and soak it in water
7. Seeds can be thrown.
8. Cooked with food and dishes.
9. Can be eaten with watermelon.
10. Eat on empty stomach.
11. Never eat after meals.
12. Best eaten on empty stomach, early morning.
13. Do not use with khajur (dates).
Contents of it
protein, calcium, vitamin A, D, C, B1,B2, B12, sugar, carbohydrate, fibers, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium & etc.
Scientific benefits of grapes
1. It reliefs fever & cough & lungs infection. Good for digestion, constipation. It is beneficial in all disease, removes weakness & good for skin, organs, etc.
Important please note
1. Please wash the dried grapes, fresh grapes, before use.
2. Open the dried grapes and soak in water,
3. The seed can be removed and crushed by teeth and eaten.
4. One can throw the seed if do not want to use.
Science & Hadees regarding grapes & dried grapes
Grape juice has recently been found to be an important source of Flavonoids that can lower risk for cancer, lower cholesterol, prevent hardening of the arteries and fight heart disease. In 1996 scientists noticed that although the French ate four times more butter and lard as Americans and had higher cholesterol and blood pressure that they had two and a half times less incidences of heart attacks.
The general public was thrilled when the conclusion was finally made that the Flavonoids in red wine were responsible. (wine is Haram), However, Muslims can now celebrate over the recent finding that grape juice contains the same Flavonoids and nutrients as red wine (in about half the concentration) with none of the undesired side effects of alcohol.
1. Raisins (dried grapes) removes tiredness, cools anger, strengthens the organ & body, reduces phlegm, improves complexion & mood, brightens the face, and increases health.
2. 21 raisins are helpful in diseases or conditions causing inferior complex. Can drink its water soaked overnight (when alone soaked). Do not soak dates & Raisins together & nor drink.
3. Do not drink grapes wine or other wine. Do not use thick grape juice until reduces to 1/3 by boiling. Do not use its seeds.