1. It is called Teen (التين) in Quran, Hadis & Arabic.
4. In Persian, Urdu & Hindi it is called as Anjeer.
Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم‘s guidance about Anjeer (التين)
1. Hazrat Abu Darda رضي الله عنه says that a dish full of Teen (التين) (Anjeer) was presented to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم once & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said to us, to eat it & further said if anyone ask me that any fruit has been sent from Jannat (الجنة) , so I will say this is the fruit (teen) & yes it is from Jannat (الجنة) & is amongst the dry fruit of Jannat & also said, eat it, & it is a cure for piles (البواسير) & arthritis (النقرس) . : Reference Ibn Abu Bakr Al Jauzi / At-tibbe nabawi Harfutah.
2. Hazrat Abu Zar رضي الله عنه also narrates the same above, with difference in some words.: Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28280.
3. Hazrat Bar’a Aazib رضي الله عنه say that Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم use to recite Sura Teen (Sura Teen:95) (التين) during the ‘Isha’ prayer. I have never heard anyone reciting it in a more beautiful voice than His صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. : Reference Riyad as-Salihin book no. 9 Hadees no. 1006; In English Book no. 9 Hadees no. 16.
4. Hazrat Bar’a Aazib رضي الله عنه say that Rasool Allah was on a journey and recited in one of the first two rak`at of the `Isha’ prayer “Wa t-teeni wa z-zaitun” (Sura Teen:95). : Reference Bukhari: 767; Book no. 10; In English Book no. 12; Hadees no. 734.
Content of it
Scientific benefits of Figs
2. Reliefs stomach pain
3. Best for pregnancy
4. Good for infants (new born) suffering from hydrocephalus (collection of fluid in the brain, and due to it the size of head becomes bigger.)
5. Reduces acidity
6. Ripen whitish colored is best.
7. Cleans liver, throat, spleen etc.
8. Good in prostrate problems
9. Reduces cough and clears the lungs.
10. Should not be eaten excessively, it may cause lice problem.
11. Removes constipation.
12. Helps in Gums infection, tumors, cancers etc
13. Increases urine output.
14. Best if eaten on empty stomach (dry or wet anyone).
15. Removes kidney stones.
16. Protects from poisoning
17. Dried one is good for nerves.
18. Have vitamin B1, B2, vitamin C, carotene, vitamin A, iron, calcium,
19. Copper, malic acid, sugar, nitrogen, vitamin k, fibers, cellulose etc
20. Increases hemoglobin
21. For throat infection, dip Anjeer in 40 ml water for some time and drink it before meal, three times a day, for 3 to 5 days
22. Increases milk production.
23. Best in measles, dengue, lungs infection,
24. Can be use with other medicines.
25. Best for pregnant but only one fig a day.
26. Also can be used on skin ulcers and wounds (wet one) smash it and apply on the wound
27. Also helpful in menstrual irregularities.
Science & Hadees regarding Figs
Question and answer on Anjeer.
Answer– The 10th point means, if anyone eats Anjeer more so due to it lice problem will be occurring.Lice means nits,Means nits (likhe sar me)
Question-Which fig we must eat dry or fresh (wet) and can we eat one dry fig daily?
Answer– One fig a day, three times a week, Dry whitish is good
If anybody wants to eat figs for diseases than eat daily dry one (can be eaten), because it is available in all season.
But use whitish clean one.
If you want to eat for general health than eat 2 times a week wet or dry whichever is easily available