1. It is called Rumman (الرمان) in Hadis, Quran & Arabic.
3. In Sanskrit it is called as Dadim.
4. In Latin it is called as Puncia grapatum Linn.
5. Its family is Punicacea.
Quranic references of Anaar. (Pomegranate) (الرمان)
Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم‘s guidance about Anaar (pomegranate) (الرمان)
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab Al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
One seed of JANNAH in every Rumman (Anaar)
1. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه once asked to Rasool Allahصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم about Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar); Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم replied that there is no Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar) in which there isn’t one seed (حبة) of Jannah’s Anaar (الجنة). : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 363. (Means every Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar) has one seed (حبة) of Jannah).
2. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه had a habit, whenever he found or got a grain (حبة) of Anaar (Rumman) (الرمان) he use to eat it & use to say, there is no Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar) which do not have an element of Jannah (الجنة) in its grain (حبة) (dana). : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 802.
Eat Internal Parda (coating) Of Rumman (Anaar)
3. Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, eat Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar) and its internal parda (a thin membrane like), it coats the stomach. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 365. (The coating acts on healing of gastric ulcers & beneficial for whole gut).
Rumman enlightens the Qalb
4. Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه says that whoever eats Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar), Allah will enlighten (noor) his Qabl (heart). : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 801.
Eat Rumman to drive away the shaitaan
5. It is mentioned in Abu Nuaim that anyone who eats Rumman (الرمان) (Anaar), shaitaan runs away from him. : Reference Abu Nu-aim: 363.
Other references in deeni Books
1. Hazrat Ibn Qayyim (R.A) said sweet An
aar is good for digestive system and gives strength.
2. Anaar is hot in potency and juicy.
3. Good for throat, lungs, chest and reliefs cough.
4. Its juice is Laxative, increases sexual desire, but should not be use in fevers.
5. The sour one is good in stomach infections, increases urine output.
6. It stops motion, diarrhea, vomiting & etc.
7. Al Razi says that sour reduces sexual desire.
8. Best if eaten on empty stomach.
Contents of it
Vitamin C, calcium, phosphates, sulphur, sodium, potassium, tannin, protein, water, iron, phosphate, manganese & etc.
Scientific benefits of Anaar (pomegranate)
1. There are 3 types of Anaar: – sweet, sour and slight bitter (The reddish coloured is best).
2. The sweet one is rich in sugar, water, protein (in seeds), fibers, tannin, citric acid, minerals, iron, phosphate, sulphur, calcium, potassium, manganese, vitamin C etc.
3. The sour one has less sugar, and more citric acid, more protein in seeds, more fats.
4. The outer skin of it has tannic acid and is good for diarrhea, dysentery, bleeding in digestive tract.
5. Boil the skin of it, in little water for 15 minutes on low flame, than filter it, and drink it 2 to 4 times during motions.
6. Eat it on empty stomach, good for digestion & strengthen the heart, lungs, liver etc.
7. Its skin is used to fix the color while dying (And also used with mehandi). (Means the Skin should be boiled in water & this water should be used).
8. Protects from gouts (Gouts means increased uric acid in blood and collection of it in various parts of body).
9. Good in infection like dengue, malaria, flu,
10. Helpful viral infection, cold, coughs, gums, mouth, & also reduces swelling.
11. Good for high BP, piles,
12. Best for colitis, anemia, arthritis, TB etc.
13. Its flower is called as Gulnar, and good for health.
14. Its skin root is also very helpful.
15. It is best in pregnant, old, ill and children.
16. Anaar Dana is good for digestion and acidity.
17. Removes weakness.
18. Can be used all season.
Science & Hadees regarding pomegranate
Hadees says that pomegranate enlightens the Qabl (heart), this is clinically proven that it is beneficial for heart disease. Pomegranate juice or pomegranates are under research for affecting heart disease risk factors including reduce in LDL, including LDL oxidation, macrophage oxidative status, and foam cell formation. In a limited study of hypertensive patients, consumption of pomegranate juice for two weeks was shown to reduce systolic blood pressure by inhibiting serum angiotensin-converting enzyme. It has sugars, Vit. C and Iron from fruit juice, Tannic acid from rind, Alkaloid pelletierine from bark.
As Hadees mentions that it has an element of Jannah, this is only said for pomegranate fruits only, it is yet to research what chemical that might be, but it has miraculous results in treatment with natural stuffs. And Muslims should use them, they are rich in fibers thus cleans the digestive system. It kills bacteria also. Its outer skin & internal coating are very beneficial for health, especially skin when boiled in water, this water helps in stopping loose motions.
The major class of phytochemical present in pomegranate is the polyphenols and includes flavonoids, condensed tannins and hydrolysable tannins. Hydrolysable tannins are predominant polyphenols found in pomegranate juice and account for 92% of its antioxidant activity. Pomegranate seeds are rich in sugars, polyunsaturated (n-3) fatty acids, vitamins, polysaccharides, polyphenols and minerals and have high antioxidant activity. When crushed and dried, the seeds produce oil with 80% punicic acid, the 18-carbon fatty acid, along with the isoflavone genistein, the phytoestrogen coumestrol and the sex steroid estrone. The seed coat of the fruit contains delphinidin-3-glucoside, delphinidin-3, 5- diglucoside, cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidin-3,5-diglucoside, pelargonidin-3- glucoside and pelargonidin-3,5-diglucoside with delphinidin 3,5-diglucoside being the major anthocyanin in pomegranate juice.
1. Every Anaar has one element of Jannah in it. Eat internal coats (parda) of Anaar which is inside the fruit between lobes. It is Beneficial in disease. By eating Anaar shaitaan run way. It enlightens the Qabl (heart).